These used Sony 18650 lithium ion batteries were pulled from laptops and other low-drain devices. These are US18650GR generation 8 (G8), rated at 2600mAh. All of these cells have actual capacity above 75% of rated capacity.
NOTE: Sony cells all look the same, with the same part number. Each generation has a 'Gx' or simply number in the first or second digit of the string below the part number. This designates generation and therefore rated capacity.
These are used cells. They were charged to 4.2v, left to sit for at least one week, then discharge tested at 500mA. We may wrap cells in new heat shrink if the original wrapping was significantly damaged. These may still be delivered with adhesive or tape still attached, or damaged heat shrink.
Check out or selection of pre-cut heat shrink and adhesive rings to customize your build.
Lithium Battery Safety
- Misusing or mishandling a lithium-ion battery may cause fire or explosion, which can result in personal INJURY or DEATH and property damage. You MUST read the safety warnings and resources before purchasing, using, and/or handling batteries. Even if properly handled, lithium-ion batteries may still catch fire or explode. The buyer acknowledges these risks and absolves Higher Wire Inc. of any responsibility for any damage these cells may cause.
- Unless otherwise stated, batteries sold by Higherwire are unprotected and not recommended by us or their original manufacturers for use unless equipped with a protection circuit board (PCB), battery management system (BMS), and/or similar device.
- Lithium batteries must be properly disposed of – NOT in a fire or in the trash. Laws vary at the city, state and national level, and it is the buyer’s responsibility to ensure they are recycling lithium batteries properly. Many local governments and retail stores offer free recycling, and we offer a recycling locator at higherwireenergy.com/recycle.
- Unless otherwise stated, batteries sold by Higherwire are used and have no warranty, either from Higherwire or the original manufacturer. Although we visually inspect and analyze/grade all batteries prior to sale, it is the buyer’s responsibility to inspect all batteries for physical damage, corrosion, and voltage upon receipt. Contact email@example.com immediately if there are any issues with an order, and do not use any battery that is damaged or below 3.0 volts upon receipt.
- Unless otherwise stated, batteries sold by Higherwire are charged to 40% SOC (~3.4v) per IATA and DOT regulations. Charge battery fully to 4.2V before first use.
- Never attempt to mix and match brands, including models as well as old and new, used, and unused lithium-ion batteries. It is the buyer’s responsibility to ensure a battery is compatible with the intended application. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, including technical.
- Unless otherwise stated, batteries sold by Higherwire are shipped as UN3480 per DOT and IATA regulations. We ship using ground shipping to minimize risk of damage to persons or property.
- Go to higherwireenergy.com/warning for full lithium battery safety precautions.